Major, Bachelor of Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in English degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Use the methods and techniques of literary study to develop the skills of close reading and literary analysis.
- Write with clarity, originality, grammatical correctness, proper usage, and logic, demonstrating rhetorical skill necessary for successful communication.
- Accomplish primary and secondary research, incorporating the results into formal written presentations with an understanding of appropriate critical approaches.
- Understand the relationship between works of literature and the historical/cultural contexts in which they were written.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of literary periods, approaches, genres, and major works.
English, BA (42-303) (4 Year Guide)