Major, Bachelor of Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Develop an awareness of how the world’s systems are interdependent and how local economic and social patterns have a global impact beyond their effect on individual lives.
- Understand and be able to analyze the critical topics in international affairs and global issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various social movements and organizations that have created and are creating goals and values that transcend national cultures and ideologies.
- Communicate program-specific knowledge effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at the intermediate level in a foreign language.
- Employ the discipline’s theories, approaches, and methods in order to examine and understand past, present, and possible future international interactions.
- Develop sensitivity and respect for other cultures and an ability to operate with civility in a complex, diverse and globalized world.
International Studies, BA (42-563) (4 Year Guide)