Major, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
Graduation Policies for Interior Design
- All interior design majors are required to pass Sophomore Review in order to continue in the degree program.
- All interior design majors are required to participate in the Department of Art and Design Senior Show.
- All Interior design majors are required to maintain a grade point average of 2.25 for all credit hours earned at UCM or elsewhere and attain a grade point average of 2.50 for all course work in the major.
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Design will use the knowledge and skills obtained in these programs to:
- Produce innovative and skillful work in visual art and design that demonstrates critical and creative thinking in both product and process and exhibits a consideration of theories, practices and emerging trends in art and design.
- Communicate and support informed and artistically sensitive interpretations and evaluations about their own work as well as visual forms made by others by using perceptual, contextual, critical, and aesthetic concepts that underlie the disciplines of art and design.
- Identify, describe and explain global, contemporary and historical art/design works and exhibit a consideration of their relationship to context and theory.
- Help facilitate a visually rich and culturally sensitive society by describing, explaining and applying the unique and important individual and collaborative artistic contributions made by women and men from diverse racial, geographical and cultural groups.
- Use technology as a resource in creative and critical processes to produce art, as well as to gather and share information about art and design history, aesthetics and art criticism.
- Exhibit evidence of an understanding of the professional practices and ethical standards for employment and long-term success in the graduate’s degree program career field.
- Demonstrate in their work an understanding of and a concern for safety, the principles of sustainability, and the environmental impact of the decisions they make as artists and/or designers.
- Employ knowledge of art theories, contexts, and art/design works to serve as precedents to inform the production of art and design.
Interior Design, BFA (47-261) (4 Year Guide)