Major, Bachelor of Music Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Music degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Understand the basic elements and structures of music history, theory, and performance literature.
- Understand music’s relationship to the other arts, and how the arts relate to mankind.
- Use technology in appropriate music applications.
- Communicate the intellectual (thinking), emotional, and aesthetic (valuing) qualities of music to a diverse society.
- Perform at the highest possible level in his/her primary performance medium.
- Articulate essential elements of music and music performance.
- Demonstrate functional piano performance skills
The Music department offers six options within this program. While each option requires specific courses and number of hours, all students must complete the following 25-hour core set of courses as part of the B. M. degree. Students should consult with their academic advisor to determine the unique requirements for each option.
Music Major (Area 2: Jazz-Commercial Music - even year start plan), BM (44-02472) (4 Year Guide)