Major, Bachelor of Music Education Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Music Education degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Understand the basic elements and structures of music history, theory, and performance literature.
- Understand music’s relationship to the other arts, and how the arts relate to mankind.
- Use technology in appropriate music applications.
- Communicate the intellectual (thinking), emotional, and aesthetic (valuing) qualities of music to a diverse society.
- Teach essential elements of music and music performance at elementary and secondary school levels.
- Perform with appropriate tone, technique, and musicality in his/her primary performance medium.
- Demonstrate functional piano performance skills.
Vocal Major Option, Bachelor of Music Education Degree
Certification to teach vocal music in grades K-12.
Music Education Major (Option 2: Vocal - even year start plan), BME (45-441) (4 Year Guide)