Major, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a major in Musical Theatre will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in the interactive and creative process of theatre, musical theatre and dance.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the historical, cultural, and stylistic dimensions of drama and theatre.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in order to analyze and interpret a script for the purpose of developing a concept and systematic plan for the production of a play.
- Form, communicate, and defend value judgments about quality and aesthetics in works of theatre, music and dance.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the area of acting in order to create and present theatrical performances.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the areas of dance as appropriate to musical theatre.
- Demonstrate thorough development in basic musical Demonstrate a strong repertory and techniques for auditions.
Musical Theatre, BFA (47-586) (4 Year Guide)