Major, Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in the interactive and creative process of theatre.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the historical, cultural, and stylistic dimensions of drama and theatre.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in order to analyze and interpret a script for the purpose of developing a concept and systematic plan for the production of a play.
- Form, communicate, and defend value judgments about quality and aesthetics in works of theatre.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the areas of acting and directing in order to create and present theatrical performances.
- Demonstrate a basic proficiency in the areas of theatre design and technology in order to create and present theatrical productions.
- Technical direct and direct one-act plays for public performance and successfully fulfill significant production assignments in the department’s mainstage and/or children’s theatre series.
Theatre Major (Area 1: Performance), BFA (47-366) (4 Year Guide)
Theatre Major (Area 2: Design/Technology), BFA (47-366) (4 Year Guide)