Minimum Total: 120 Sem. Hours
10 Competency 10 course
* Students expecting to receive the B.S.B.A. degree must meet all pre-admission requirements to be admitted to this program. See the Statement of Policy on Admission to a B.S.B.A. degree program. Pre-admission courses include: ACCT 2101 , ACCT 2102 , BLAW 2720 , CIS 1600 , ECON 1010 , ECON 1011 , FIN 2801 , and MATH 1111 .
** Students must enroll in IBE Practicum (MGT 3385 or MKT 3485 or FIN 3885 ) concurrently with the IBE sections of MGT 3315 , MKT 3405 and FIN 3850 .
# This course has a prerequisite not listed in the program; click on the course number for additional requirements.
*** The internship is a requirement of this degree program. Students in the BSBA in Hospitality Management major must have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above (4.00 scale) before they can attempt the internship requirement. Students must also complete the following BEFORE they can enroll and participate in the 3 credit Hospitality Management Internship (HM 3880 ).
- 400 hours minimum hospitality/retail/or other related experience that entails significant customer interaction/service component in job.
- Of the 400 hours listed above, at least 250 hours must be with one employer; all 400 may be from one employer. The purpose of this is to ensure that the student can develop a relationship with a single employer for at least 6 weeks at full-time status.
- 21 UCM credit hours completed (minimum).
- 60 credit hours of university credit (minimum) - a requirement of UCM HCBPS Internship Office.
- 2.50 (or above) overall GPA - a requirement of UCM HCBPS Internship Office.
- Complete pre-internship paperwork and processes with HCBPS Internship Office and HM faculty.