Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Crisis and Disaster Management will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the programs to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and application of the four phases of emergency management; preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery.
- Evaluate the roles, responsibilities and relationships between the private sector, public sector and non-governmental organizations in the response and recovery phases of an event.
- Select methods to identify and evaluate risk exposures from internal and external hazards and to implement cost effective programs to maintain continuity of operations.
- Employ effective communication skills, knowledge of program management, organizational skills and critical thinking.
- Select technology to organize information, to communicate and to manage all phases of emergency management.
- Recognize societal concerns, legal, professional and ethical responsibilities in the field.
- Value the importance of continuous professional development in the discipline.
Crisis and Disaster Management, BS (43-693) (4 Year Guide)