Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Physical Education and completion of Option 2 or 3 will:
- Demonstrate and integrate knowledge of the major concepts, empirical findings and current trends in the area of exercise science.
- Recognize and demonstrate critical thinking, including the scientific method to address problems related to the professions of physical activity, health promotion and health-care.
- Appropriately apply knowledge and skills acquired in the exercise science curriculum to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Identify and apply appropriate exercise science language through effective speaking, reading, and writing.
- Recognize and apply empirical evidence while behaving legally and ethically in research, clinic, professional and applied settings.
- Recognize individual differences, respecting the role these differences play in intercultural and international diversity. Describe the interaction of these factors in the field of exercise and health-care.
- Review authentic occupational, career, and advanced educational opportunities appropriate to the discipline and develop a feasible plan to pursue those opportunities.
Physical Education Major (Option 2 Fitness/Wellness I (Corporate Fitness)), BS (43-02817) (4 Year Guide)