Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
Program Educational Objectives - Within a few years of graduation, a graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate the ability to create solutions to computing problems in industry, government or academia appropriate to their levels of professional experience.
- Be capable of gauging the impact of computing on society, and possess knowledge of the ethical, social and professional responsibilities of their work.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to contribute to the benefit of teams.
- Continue to update their professional knowledge and skills to adapt to innovation and change, and be successful in their professional work and/or graduate studies.
Additional, graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science will demonstrate the following specific student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
Computer Science Major (Option 1: Software Development), BS (43-01281) (4 Year Guide)
Computer Science Major (Missouri Innovation Campus (MIC), Software Development Option), BS (43-01281) (4 Year Guide)