Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
A graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Actuarial Science and Statistics will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Develop an aptitude for problem solving and apply mathematical, statistical, and financial models in the actuarial and other applied fields.
- Be able to use a standard statistical software package to handle and manage data, to create graphical displays, and to perform statistical analysis.
- Address the needs of society with a sense of professionalism, and develop the knowledge and skills to adapt to a dynamic multidisciplinary technological environment through teamwork, ethical concerns, and effective communication.
- Prepare for graduate study in actuarial science, statistics, or related fields.
- Establish a career in actuarial science, statistics, or related fields and prepare for entry-level positions in business, industry, government, or public education.
- For Actuarial Science option, develop necessary knowledge and skills in order to successfully pass the first 4 actuarial exams.
- Note: A minor in statistics is not available for this major.
Actuarial Science and Statistics (Option 1: Actuarial Science), BS (43-01576) (4 Year Guide)