Major, Bachelor of Science in Education Degree
Certification to teach elementary in grades 1-6.
Elementary Education (Option 2: Grades 1 - 6; Clinical Pathway), BSE (41-285) (4 Year Guide)
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Grades 1-6 option will apply knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate and apply understandings of major concepts, skills, and practices, as they interpret disciplinary curricular standards and related expectations within and across literacy, mathematics, science, and social studies for grades K-6.
- Plan and adapt instructional sequences and justify their selection of goals, assessments and instructional strategies to promote student learning.
- Deliver instruction using a variety of effective instructional practices guided by knowledge of children and assessment of students’ learning.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management strategies and engagement techniques to promote student learning.
- Commit to the learning, growth, and development of every child through effective communication, participation in collaborative learning environments, reflective self-study and professional development, and involvement in their professional community.