Jun 25, 2021
2019 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Student Progress Checklist
- Complete the application for admission through Graduate Studies and/or International Admissions. Submit the application fee at least three weeks prior to the first semester you plan to take a graduate course ($30 for domestic or $75 for International). Admission information for international students may be found at ucmo.edu/graduate/int.
- Request that all transcripts of work completed at other colleges be sent to the Graduate and International Student Services (GISS) office at the time application for admission to Graduate Studies and/or International Admissions is made.
- Receive notification regarding your admission to UCM from the Graduate and International Student Services office within one week after all needed materials are received by the GISS.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) prior to April 1 each year at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Receive and respond to your Financial Aid Notification, mailed from UCM’s Student Financial Services, several weeks after submitting your FAFSA.
- Apply for Federal Stafford Student Loan aid after receiving your Financial Aid Notification.
All electronic communications will be sent using ucmo.edu email.
Acceptance by School
- Receive notification regarding your acceptance into a degree program and designation of advisor from the school offering your program within two weeks after the Graduate and International Student Services office notifies you of admission status.
- Respond to directives from your school. Contact your assigned advisor and request a time for a personal interview immediately upon receiving notice of your acceptance into program.
International Graduate Student Orientation
- All new international graduate students must complete the online international student orientation and attend the international student on-campus orientation.
Enroll in Classes
- Seek approval from your advisor to enroll in courses.
- Enroll in classes each semester using MyCentral. For assistance call or email the Graduate and International Student Services office at 660-543-4621 or GISS@ucmo.edu.
- A pre-enrollment meeting with your graduate advisor is recommended before enrolling in any course(s).
- International students must be enrolled in a full-time degree-seeking program.
Central Degree Audit
- Log in to MyCentral to view your Central Degree Audit which lists all of the courses required for a graduate degree/certificate.
Application for Degree and/or Certificate
- Students should apply for graduation one semester prior to their intended graduation after enrollment has been completed for their last semester (October/November for spring/summer semester graduation and March/April for fall semester graduation). Applying at this time ensures that students are made aware of any graduation deficiencies prior to the start of their graduation semester.
- Graduation applications must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office no fewer than 30 days before the date the degree is to be conferred in order for student name to be included in the printed commencement program.
- Successfully complete the final Comprehensive Exam, if applicable. Check for the specific date with your program advisor.
- Successfully complete the Capstone requirements, if applicable.
- If doing a thesis, complete final approval and submit to your advisor four weeks prior to commencement.
- The Registrar’s Office may confer degrees and certificates through the following deadlines: January 15 (fall semester), May 31 (spring semester), and August 31 (summer semester). If one of these deadlines falls on a weekend or holiday, the most recent prior work day will serve as the deadline. Students who fail to apply for graduation or complete all degree/certificate requirements by these dates will have their degree or certificate awarded at the end of the following semester if requirements are completed and an active graduation application is on file with the Registrar’s Office.
- All students are billed a one-time, non-refundable graduation fee per graduation semester. Students who earn multiple degrees or certificates in different semesters will be billed each semester. Graduation charges will be placed on student accounts about six weeks before the conclusion of the student’s final semester. This fee applies to all graduates regardless of ceremony participation.
- Diploma(s) and/or Certificate(s) are mailed to the diploma mailing address supplied during the graduation application process approximately 6-8 weeks after degree conferral.
- Questions about applying for graduation should be directed to the Registrar’s Office in WDE 1000, 660-543-4914, or firstname.lastname@example.org.