Nov 30, 2023
State Fair Community College
The below courses are required for BS Kinesiology majors and can be fulfilled at SFCC as part of the AA degree requirements. If these courses are not taken at SFCC, they must be completed at UCM. The full list of SFCC AA degree requirements can be found in the SFCC catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree are considered to have met all general education requirements at UCM, except for those specifically required by the major (see UCM General Education Requirements below, if applicable).
Must have a C or better in all courses listed below.
AA General Education Requirements: 42 Semester Hours
- MATH 114 Precalculus Algebra (3) transfers as MATH 1111 - College Algebra GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- PSY 101 General Psychology (3) transfers as PSY 1100 - General Psychology GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- The combination of BIO 207 Human Anatomy with Lab (4) AND BIO 208 Human Physiology with Lab (4) transfers as BIOL 3401 - Human Anatomy (3: 1 lecture, 2 lab) AND BIOL 3401 - Human Anatomy (3: 1 lecture, 2 lab) (required for all Areas)
- CHEM 101 Introduction to Chemistry with Lab (5) transfers as CHEM 1104 - Introduction to the Sciences: Chemistry GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Areas 1, 2, 3, 4)
- ECON 101 Principles of Macroeconomics (3) transfers as ECON 1010 - Principles of Macroeconomics GE (3) (required for Area 2)
- PHIL 102 Ethics (3) transfers as PHIL 2300 - Ethics GE (3) (required for Areas 3, 4, 5)
- PSY 210 Lifespan Development (3) transfers as PSY 3220 - Life-Span Development (3) (required for Areas 3, 4, 5)
- CHEM 123 General Chemistry I with Lab (5) transfers as CHEM 1131 - General Chemistry I GE (5: 5 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
- PHYS 105 College Physics I with Lab (5) transfers as PHYS 1101 - College Physics I GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
AA Elective Options: 22 Semester Hours
Any courses listed above required for your Area that cannot be taken as part of the AA general education requirements should be taken as part of elective requirements.
Minimum Total Hours Required for SFCC AA: 64 Semester Hours
UCM BS Kinesiology
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at SFCC must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 39-48 Semester Hours
A grade of C or better is required for all major courses.
Elect One of the 5 Areas: 3-12 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Exercise Science: 9 Semester Hours
Area 2 - Corporate Fitness: 12 Semester Hours
Area 3 - Pre-Athletic Training: 9 Semester Hours
Area 4 - Pre-Occupational Therapy: 3 Semester Hours
Area 5 - Pre-Physical Therapy: 3 Semester Hours
General Education Requirements: 0-4 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required by this major and should be taken at UCM.
Must have a C or better for these courses:
Free Choice Electives: 3-21 Semester Hours
Free choice electives may vary depending on transfer coursework and course/Area selection at UCM.
Students must take at least 30 upper-level (3000/4000) hours to graduate. Courses taken at SFCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and SFCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.