Return to: Programs by College/School
Program Educational Objectives - Within a few years of graduation, a graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Have established themselves in successful software engineering-focused careers and/or pursuing advanced degrees.
- Continue to update their professional knowledge and skills to adapt to innovation and change to meet the needs of industry and/or academia.
- Contribute to the greater good of their communities through professional involvement and service.
Additionally, graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering will demonstrate the following specific student
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Software Engineering, BS (43-646) (4 Year Guide)