This program is designed to prepare students for careers in areas associated with physical activity and sports.
Students may contact the school graduate coordinator for specific course requirements.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and independent study skills.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of current technology available in their area of expertise.
- Explore interdisciplinary relationships within Kinesiology and associated disciplines
- Examine the nature and effects of discipline-related skills as they are applied in a professional setting.
Students can choose either to do an Internship or a Thesis. Thesis Area students must take KIN 6990 - Thesis (6) and must pass an oral defense of his/her thesis before completion of the degree. The Master of Science in Kinesiology degree program has a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or a grade point average of 3.00 on 9 semester hours of earned graduate credit is required.
For International students seeking admission into the program additional requirements apply:
For unconditional admission International students must submit English proficiency scores with a minimum of 6.0 IELTS, 565 paper based TOEFL, or 87 internet based TOEFL. Applicants not meeting the minimum required English proficiency scores may apply for conditional admission if their English proficiency scores are 5.5 IELTS, 550 paper based TOEFL, or 79 internet based TOEFL. All conditionally admitted students must enroll into the appropriate Intensive English Program to improve English proficiency scores to become unconditionally admitted before enrolling in courses for the MS in Kinesiology program.
For graduate applicants who do not meet the 2.75 GPA requirement, additional items will be required:
- Statement of Purpose - statement articulating why the prospective student wants to pursue and advanced degree in our program.
- Reference - Names of two (2) references will be requested in order to contact these individuals regarding the potential graduate student’s ability to successfully complete the graduate degree.
NOTE: GRE score is recommended for students not meeting GPA requirements.
Application Due Dates: To be considered for admissions into the M.S. in Kinesiology degree program and to ensure available capacity, early submission of application materials is recommended. Priority consideration will be given to students who apply at the beginning of the semester prior to the anticipated admissions term. They will be notified of their admission status via an email. Admission decision will be based upon the merit of the application and the available space in the program for the student.