Accelerated Program Notes:
The Accelerated model for this program is designed for the BSBA Accountancy.
Students should apply for admittance to the Accelerated Program at the beginning of the junior year, after earning at least 60 hours of undergraduate college credit that includes the 24 semester hours of BSBA pre-admission courses, ACCT 1101, ACCT 2000, ACCT 2102 and ACCT 2901. The application must be made prior to the student earning senior status in the BSBA in Accountancy, through School of Accountancy Graduate Coordinator.
Students must meet specific academic criteria for acceptance into the Accelerated program. The minimum criteria for acceptance are:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 (4.00 scale) or higher for the first 60 hours of undergraduate college credit.
- GPA of 3.00 (or above) on the 24 semester hours of BSBA pre-admission courses.
- Grade of B or higher in ACCT 1101, ACCT 2000, ACCT 2102 and ACCT 2901.
In order to remain in good standing, students must:
- Maintain an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/(4.00 scale), and
- Earn a C or better in all accounting coursework taken in the senior year.
In any semester, if either condition is not met, students will become ineligible to continue in the Accelerated program.
Courses that an accelerated student may be eligible to include as overlap between the undergraduate and graduate programs:
ACCT 5030 - Advanced Income Tax (3) (ACCT 4130)
ACCT 5101 - Managing Decision Making Using Excel (3) (ACCT 4101)
ACCT 5115 - Financial Reporting and Analysis (3) (ACCT 4114)
ACCT 5120 - Financial Accounting and Reporting I (3) (ACCT 4121)
ACCT 5135 - Internship in Accounting (1-6) (ACCT 4135)
ACCT 5137 - Partnership Taxation (3) (ACCT 4137)
ACCT 5138 - Corporate Taxation & Tax Research (3) (ACCT 4138)
ACCT 5140 - Financial Accounting and Reporting II (3) (ACCT 4140)
ACCT 5155 - Fraud Examination (3) (ACCT4155)
ACCT 5160 - Data Analytics for Accountants (3) (ACCT 4161)