Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
Registration as a dietitian requires internship beyond Bachelor of Science degree. Fulfills the “Didactic Program in Dietetics Academic Requirements” of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Admission Requirements: Program Policy:
Students admitted into the University of Central Missouri should declare as pre-dietetics majors. Formal admission to the Dietetics degree program is conditional upon completion of the four following courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in all the four courses (additionally, a minimum of a C or better must be achieved in each course): BIOL 3401 , BIOL 3402 , D&N 3340 , FOOD 2322 .
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics will qualify to apply for a post-baccalaureate internship program. Student outcome goals:
- Utilize current knowledge, technology, and research to enhance the practice of nutrition and dietetics.
- Practice of nutrition care process utilizing knowledge and skills of nutritional assessment, diagnosis intervention, monitoring and evaluation.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for the successful participation in a supervised dietetics program, employment related to foods and nutrition, or graduate study.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, professionalism and ethical conduct needed to become a competent entry-level dietitian.
- Participate in activities that promote public awareness of nutrition and advance the profession of nutrition and dietetics.
- Application of principles of management and systems in the provision of services to individuals and organizations.
Dietetics Major, BS (43-274) (4 Year Guide)