Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
Alternative Program of Study for Transfer Students
The School of Technology has created a sequence of courses leading to a Bachelor of Science in Technology Management 2+2 (43-895) that is specifically designed for transfer students. The student learning outcomes for this transfer program are identical to those listed previously for the Technology Management major/ program. This alternative program is not limited to specific two-year colleges or universities. The School of Technology is committed to designing a program of study for students who have earned a technology- related Associate in Applied Science or Associate in Science Degree from an accredited community college or technical institute in a field of study related to the School of Technology (Associate of Arts degrees are accepted with individualized review of the student’s course history). In order for the student to meet career objectives, the School of Technology has selected a group of core courses which all students will complete. In addition, options of specialized study will be developed with a faculty advisor. Details of the program of study are outlined below.
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Management (2+2) will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
• Apply mathematical, statistical and scientific principles to technological situations to maintain and enhance the work within business or industry.
• Use the computer proficiently as an essential tool in planning, monitoring, and controlling of work within business or industry.
• Understand and utilize core competencies in technical writing, quality systems, industrial management and project management.
• Communicate effectively in both individual and team situations using both oral and written communications.
• Utilize critical thinking skills to solve problems in both individual and team situations.
Note: Selected online course offerings make it possible for a student to complete this degree 100% Online!