Jun 01, 2023
This guide is valid for this Undergraduate Catalog only and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. The time it takes to complete a degree and the sequence in which courses are taken will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on placement in math and writing. See the current Undergraduate Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.
Freshman Year - Fall Semester
Freshman Year - Spring Semester
Semester Total: 16-17 Hours
Sophomore Year - Fall Semester
Semester Total: 17.5-18.5 Hours
Sophomore Year - Spring Semester
Semester Total: 18-19 Hours
(Successfully complete MoGEA exam by end of this semester)
Junior Year - Fall Semester
Semester Total: 16-19 Hours
Junior Year - Spring Semester
Semester Total: 20.5 Hours
Senior Year - Fall Semester
Semester Total: 18.5 Hours
Senior Year - Spring Semester
Semester Total: 12 Hours
(All non-student teaching coursework and tests must be successfully completed before this semester for enrollment in student teaching.)
Music Edu. Major (Instrumental Option - even start year), BME Degree - 132.5-139.5 hours
- + MUS 1100 with a grade of C or better may be required as a prerequisite to MUS 1111 if the student does not pass this course by the admission examination.
- * This course is only offered during the semester listed.
- ** The six hours of Instrument Techniques Classes include the following (all courses are worth one credit hour): MUS 1701 , MUS 2801 , MUS 2802 , MUS 2901 , MUS 2902 , and MUS 2950 .
- *** This course is offered only in even-numbered years. Students who enter UCM in an odd-numbered year may take this course during their senior year, taking PSY 4230 in its place in the junior year.
- 10 This course fulfills Competency 10 - Integration in the General Education program. The hours count in the major, not in general education.
- The Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) is an exam required of all Teacher Education students. Students must pass all areas of the MoGEA for admission to the Teacher Education Program. Students should take and successfully complete the MoGEA before completion of their sophomore year (60 earned hours). See your success advisor to discuss the classes needed to prepare for the exam.
- Teacher Education candidates must take the appropriate Missouri Content Assessment (MoCA) for their certification area before they can student teach, and must pass it in order to be recommended for certification. Information and registration is available on the MEGA website: http://www.mo.nesinc.com/.
- See www.ucmo.edu/cert for statement and information (including application) on admission to teacher education. Full admission is required before student teaching. The application for student teaching is due approximately one year in advance.