2018 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
2018 Undergraduate Catalog
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
University Operator 660-543-4111
Featuring the most aggressive completion agenda among Missouri’s public institutions of higher education, the University of Central Missouri is committed to helping you graduate on time with less debt and with valuable job skills that will put you on a successful career path. From the day you arrive here, you will benefit from a caring team of education professionals who are dedicated to your success. As a UCM student, you will not only have access to internships and service learning opportunities, but many initiatives designed specifically to help you graduate in four years. Along the way, you will be part of a campus culture that introduces you to faculty members and students across the globe and encourages you to take advantage of study abroad and other opportunities that will make you better informed and prepared to meet the challenges of a more global society. This is all part of what we call learning to a greater degree.
As a student at UCM, here’s what you can expect:
- Engaged learning to prepare you for the future with practical, hands-on experience in your field.
- A worldly perspective that readies you for a society that continues to become more globalized by offering study abroad opportunities in more than 60 countries and exposure to students from other countries.
- A culture of service where you are able to dedicate volunteer hours to many nonprofit agencies impacting your community.
- Future-focused academics where new technologies keep you abreast of the latest changes in your field.
- Enrollment in the right 15 credit hours per semester to ensure you graduate on time.
- Financial incentives to reward you for staying on track for timely graduation.
- Expanded advising and e-advising access.
- An experiences transcript that showcases your on-campus involvement and successes.
UCM is committed to making your degree a tremendous value proposition, and we will stand by your side to help you get the assistance you need to realize your dream for a higher education that will serve you well into the future. This is our promise through the Learning to a Greater Degree contract for student completion.
Thank you for Choosing Red as you embark on your life-changing journey toward a university degree. We look forward to serving you and sharing all the benefits a UCM education has to offer.
Joining you in service,
President, University of Central Missouri
Board of Governors
|Gus Wetzel II
Board Vice President
|Marvin E. Wright
Announcements in this catalog are subject to change and thus do not constitute an agreement or contract.
Every effort is made to provide accurate and up-to-date information; however, the university reserves the right to change without notice statements concerning rules, policies, fees, curricula, courses or other matters when necessary.
This publication was prepared by the Registrar’s Office, Ward Edwards Building 1000, with help from the Vice Provost for Academic Programs and Services, Ward Edwards Building 1900, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO 64093. Publication date, April 2017.
The University of Central Missouri is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a member of the North Central Association. For information about HLC Accreditation, contact The Higher Learning Commission, 30 North La Salle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, telephone 800-621-7440.
The University of Central Missouri experience transforms students into lifelong learners, dedicated to service, with the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed and lead in the region, state, nation and world.
Approved by the UCM Board of Governors, October 2008