Dec 03, 2022
Major, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a major in Computer Information Systems will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Analyze technology-related, business problems and design solutions by applying appropriate analysis processes, methodologies and tools.
- Design, develop, and maintain application software, to be deployed on various devices, using suitable software engineering and design methodologies, programming languages, and web-development tools commonly adopted by businesses and other organizations.
- Design, implement and manage enterprise information technology systems and networks supporting mobile computing platforms, web-sites, and servers.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases using current database management systems.
- Design user interaction to facilitate the user’s task and experience.
- Analyze risks and implement security measures for organizational computing environments.
- Apply project management skills and use project management software when creating a business solution; work collaboratively with others showing leadership, as appropriate.
- Use productivity software effectively.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form; participate fully in group discussion and activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical expectations in the work place.
Computer Information Systems, BSBA (46-266) (Area 1: Software Development) (4 Year Guide)
Computer Information Systems, BSBA (46-266) (Area 2: Networking) (4 Year Guide)
Major Requirements: 77 Semester Hours
Four courses from one of the following Areas: 12 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Software Development
Area 2 - Networking, System Administration and Security
Area 3 - Mobile and Web Development
Electives: 8 Semester Hours
Any CIS course in the tracks (prerequisites apply).
Any ET courses approved by the school.
General Education Requirement: 43 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. Some majors require additional hours due to required coursework. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. The following general education classes are required by this major: