Dec 03, 2023
State Fair Community College
The below courses are required for BS Design and Drafting Technology majors and can be fulfilled at SFCC as part of the AA degree requirements. If these courses are not taken at SFCC, they must be completed at UCM. The full list of SFCC AA degree requirements can be found in the SFCC catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree are considered to have met all general education requirements at UCM, except for those specifically required by the major (see General Education Requirements below, if applicable).
AA General Education Requirements: 42 Semester Hours
AA Elective Options: 22 Semester Hours
Minimum Total Hours Required for SFCC AA: 64 Semester Hours
UCM BS Design and Drafting Technology
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at SFCC must be completed as part of the BS requirements.
Core Major Requirements: 48 Semester Hours
- CADD 1100 - Orientation to Design/Drafting (1)
- CADD 2100 - Sophomore Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 2140 - Advanced Parametric Modeling (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2150 - Descriptive Geometry for Engineering Technology (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2160 - Structural Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2171 - Introduction to MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3100 - Junior Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 3120 - Machine Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3150 - Civil Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3160 - Residential Architectural Drawing (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3170 - Computer Drafting Systems (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3175 - Advanced MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 4100 - Senior Design/Drafting Seminar (1)
- CADD 4160 - Computer Graphics & Technical Presentations (3)
- CADD 4180 - Industrial Design (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CMGT 2020 - Statics (3)
- CMGT 3010 - Applied Construction Practices GE (3: 2 lecture; 1 lab)
Electives from the Following: 6 Semester Hours
Choose from One of the Four Areas Listed: 12-15 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Mechanical (Product/Machine) Design
Area 2 - Architectural/Structural
Area 3 - MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing) & Industrial Piping Systems
General Education Requirements: 6 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required by this major:
Upper-Level (3000/4000) Electives
Upper-level (3000/4000) elective hours may vary depending on transfer coursework and course selection at UCM.
Students must take at least 30 upper-level hours to graduate. Courses taken at SFCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2020 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and SFCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.