Dec 01, 2023
Johnson County Community College
The below courses are required for BS Kinesiology majors and can be fulfilled at JCCC as part of the AA degree requirements. If these courses are not taken at JCCC, they must be completed at UCM. The full list of JCCC AA degree requirements can be found in the JCCC catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree are considered to have met all general education requirements at UCM, except for those specifically required by the major (see General Education Requirements below).
Must have a C or better in all courses listed below.
AA General Education Requirements: 30 Semester Hours
- BIOL 140 Human Anatomy (4) transfers as BIOL 3401 - Human Anatomy (3: 1 lecture, 2 lab) (required for all Areas)
- BIOL 225 Human Physiology (4) transfers as BIOL 3402 - Human Physiology (5: 4 lecture, 1 lab) (required for all Areas)
- MATH 171 College Algebra (3) transfers as MATH 1111 - College Algebra GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- PSYC 130 Introduction to Psychology (3) transfers as PSY 1100 - General Psychology GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- CHEM 122 Principles of Chemistry (5) transfers as CHEM 1104 - Introduction to the Sciences: Chemistry GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Areas 1, 2, 3, 4)
- ECON 230 Principles of Macroeconomics (3) transfers as ECON 1010 - Principles of Macroeconomics GE (3) (required for Area 2)
- PHIL 143 Ethics (3) transfers as PHIL 2300 - Ethics GE (3) (required for Areas 3, 4, 5)
- BIOL 127 General Zoology (5) transfers as BIOL 1112 - Animal Biology (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab) (required for Areas 3, 4, 5)
- The combination of CHEM 124 General Chemistry I Lecture (4) AND CHEM 125 General Chemistry I Lab (1) transfers as CHEM 1131 - General Chemistry I GE (5: 5 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
- The combination of CHEM 131 General Chemistry II Lecture (4) AND CHEM 132 General Chemistry II Lab (1) transfers as CHEM 1132 - General Chemistry II (5: 5 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
- PHYS 130 College Physics I (5) transfers as PHYS 1101 - College Physics I GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
- PHYS 131 College Physics II (5) transfers as PHYS 1102 - College Physics II (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 5)
AA Elective Options: 30 Semester Hours
Any courses listed above required for your Area that cannot be taken as part of the AA general education requirements should be taken as part of elective requirements.
Minimum Total Hours Required for JCCC AA: 60 Semester Hours
UCM BS Kinesiology
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at JCCC must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 39-51 Semester Hours
A grade of C or better is required for all major courses.
Elect One of the 5 Areas: 6-18 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Exercise Science: 15 Semester Hours
Area 2 - Corporate Fitness: 18 Semester Hours
Area 3 - Pre-Athletic Training: 12 Semester Hours
Area 4 - Pre-Occupational Therapy: 6 Semester Hours
Area 5 - Pre-Physical Therapy: 6 Semester Hours
General Education Requirements: 0-6 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required by this major and should be taken at UCM.
Must have a C or better for these courses:
Free Choice Electives: 3-21 Semester Hours
Free choice electives may vary depending on transfer coursework and course/Area selection at UCM.
Students must take at least 30 upper-level (3000/4000) hours to graduate. Courses taken at JCCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2020 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and JCCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.