Dec 03, 2023
Saint Charles Community College
The below courses are required for Crisis and Disaster Management majors and can be fulfilled at SCC as part of the AAS Emergency Medical Science degree requirements. If these courses are not taken at SCC, they must be completed at UCM. The full list of SCC AAS degree requirements can be found in the SCC catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with an Associate of Applied Science degree will need to complete the general education program at UCM. See The General Education Program Requirements for a complete list of requirements.
AAS General Education Requirements: 31-32 Semester Hours
The below courses will be taken as part of the AAS degree at SCC and fulfill UCM general education requirements (listed in parentheses).
- HIS 101 US History to 1877 (3) transfers as HIST 1350 - History of the United States to 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- HIS 102 US History Since 1877 (3) transfers as HIST 1351 - History of the United States from 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- POL 101 American Government (3) transfers as POLS 1510 - American Government GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- POL 102 State and Local Government (3) transfers as GNED 1908 Transferred Social/Behavioral Sciences (Knowledge Area III)
- ENG 101 English Composition I (3) transfers as ENGL 1020 - Composition I GE (3) (Foundational Skills)
- COM 101 Oral Communications (3) transfers as COMM 1000 - Public Speaking GE (3) (Foundational Skills)
- CHM 101/103 Introduction to Chemistry & Laboratory (4) transfers as CHEM 1104 - Introduction to the Sciences: Chemistry GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (Knowledge Area II, required for major)
- PHL 160 Ethics (3) transfers as PHIL 2300 - Ethics GE (3) (Engagement)
- Choose a Literature course from the following (3): LIT 205, LIT 210, LIT 215, LIT 216, LIT 220, LIT 223, LIT 230, LIT 237, LIT 240, LIT 250, LIT 260, LIT 271, LIT 272, or LIT 273 (Knowledge Area I)
Electives: 8 Semester Hours
AAS Core Course Requirements: 30 Semester Hours
See SCC catalog for course options.
Minimum Total Hours Required for SCC AAS: 61-62 Semester Hours
UCM BS Crisis and Disaster Management
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Applied Science degree. Any courses listed above not taken at SCC must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 36 Semester Hours
Select One of the Following Areas: 12 Semester Hours
Emergency Management Area
Emergency Services Management Area
Environmental Hazards Area
General Education Requirements: 18 Semester Hours
The following General Education requirements.= will need to be completed at UCM.
- Foundational Skills: Writing II (3 hours)
- Knowledge Area I (6 hours)
- Knowledge Area II (6 hours)
- Knowledge Area III (3 hours)
Free Choice Electives: 4-5 Semester Hours
Free choice elective hours may vary depending on transfer coursework and course selection at UCM.
Students must take at least 30 upper-level (3000/4000) hours to graduate. Courses taken at SCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2020 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and SCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.