Nov 27, 2022
Moberly Area Community College
The below courses are required for Engineering Technology: Management Option majors and can be fulfilled at MACC as part of the AAS Advanced Manufacturing Technology requirements. Any courses listed below not taken at MACC must be completed at UCM. The full list of MACC AAS requirements can be found in the MACC catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with a completed AAS degree will need to complete the general education program at UCM. See The General Education Program Requirements for full list of requirements.
AAS General Education Requirements: 20 Semester Hours
The below courses will be taken as part of the AAS and fulfill UCM general education requirements (listed in parentheses).
Students will also take SKL 101 College Orientation (1) at MACC which will count towards elective hours at UCM.
- SPK 101 Public Speaking (3) transfers as COMM 1000 - Public Speaking GE (3) (Foundational Skills: Communication, major requirement)
- IND 120 Technical Report Writing (3) transfers as CTE 3060 - Technical Writing GE (3) (Foundational Skills: Writing II, major requirement)
- PHY 125 Foundations of Physics (4) transfers as PHYS 1104 - Introduction to the Sciences: Physics GE (4: 4 lecture, 0 lab) (Knowledge Area II, can substitute for PHYS 1101 [major requirement])
- MTH 140 Precalculus Algebra (3) transfers as MATH 1111 - College Algebra GE (3) (will count towards elective hours at UCM)
- MTH 142 Quantitative Reasoning (3) transfers as MATH 1520 - Mathematical Reasoning & Modeling GE (3) (will count towards elective hours at UCM)
- HST 105 American History to 1865 (3) transfers as HIST 1350 - History of the United States to 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- HST 106 American History from 1865 (3) transfers as HIST 1351 - History of the United States from 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- PSC 105 Introduction to American Government (3) transfers as POLS 1510 - American Government GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- Humanities: Choose 3 semester hours from the following (courses will fulfill Knowledge Area I, unless otherwise noted): ART 101, ART 102, DRM 120, FLN 101, FLN 102, FLN 111, FLN 112, FLN 121, FLN 122, HST 221, LAL 120, LAL 121, LAL 125, LAL 125H LAL 150, LAL 151, LAL 153, LAL 210, LAL 211, LAL 250, LAL 275, MUS 102, MUS 105, MUS 205 (Engagement), PHI 150, PHI 151, PHI 152 (Engagement), PHI 155, or PHI 251 (Knowledge Area III)
AAS Advanced Manufacturing Technology Program Requirements: 43-44 Semester Hours
See MACC catalog for program requirements.
Minimum Total Hours Required for MACC AAS: 63-64 Semester Hours
UCM BS Engineering Technology: Management Option
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an AAS Advanced Manufacturing Technology degree. Any courses listed above not taken at MACC must be completed as part of the BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 61 Semester Hours
Core Required Hours: 28 Semester Hours
Option 5 - Management: 33 Semester Hours
20 required departmentally approved electives will be fulfilled through MACC coursework. The following remaining courses are required at UCM.
General Education Requirements: 26 Semester Hours
16 out of 42 required hours can be fulfilled at MACC (see above). See The General Education Program Requirements for full list of requirements.
The below courses are required for this major. Work with your Success Advisor at UCM to choose 14 additional hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2020 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and MACC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.