Apr 01, 2023
Johnson County Community College
The below courses are required for BS Design and Drafting Technology majors and can be fulfilled at JCCC as part of the AA degree requirements. Any courses listed below not taken at JCCC must be completed at UCM. The full list of JCCC AA degree requirements can be found in the JCCC Catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree are considered to have met all general education requirements at UCM, except those specifically required by the major (see UCM General Education Requirements, if applicable).
AA General Education Requirements: 30 Semester Hours
AA Elective Options: 30 Semester Hours
Minimum Total Hours Required for JCCC AA: 60 Semester Hours
UCM BS Design and Drafting Technology
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at JCCC must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Core Major Requirements: 45 Semester Hours
- CADD 1100 - Orientation to Design/Drafting (1)
- CADD 1170 - AutoCAD Applications (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 1180 - Introduction to Building Info Modeling (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2100 - Sophomore Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 2140 - Advanced Parametric Modeling (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2150 - Descriptive Geometry for Engineering Technology (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2160 - Structural Design & Detailing (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2171 - Introduction to MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3100 - Junior Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 3120 - Machine Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3160 - Residential Architectural Drawing (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3170 - Computer Drafting Systems (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3175 - Advanced MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 4100 - Senior Design/Drafting Seminar (1)
- CADD 4160 - Computer Graphics & Technical Presentations (3)
- CADD 4180 - Industrial Design (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CMGT 3010 - Applied Construction Practices GE (3: 2 lecture; 1 lab)
- ENGT 2530 - Machine Tool Technology (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab)
Electives from the Following: 6 Semester Hours
Choose from One of the Four Areas Listed: 6-15 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Mechanical (Product/Machine) Design
Area 2 - Architectural/Structural
- Departmentally approved program electives (6)
Area 3 - MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) & Industrial Piping Systems
General Education Requirements: 3 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required for this major:
Upper-Level (3000/4000) Hours
Additional hours may be required depending on transfer coursework and course selection at UCM.
Students must take at least 30 upper-level hours to graduate. Courses taken at JCCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2021 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and JCCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.