Apr 01, 2023
Missouri State University-West Plains
The below courses are required for Engineering Technology: Management Option majors and can be fulfilled at MSU-WP as part of the AS Pre-Engineering program. If these courses are not taken at MSU-WP, they must be completed at UCM. The full list of AS requirements can be found in the MSU-WP Catalog.
Students who transfer to UCM with a completed Associate of Science degree will be need to complete the general education program at UCM. Some courses are outlined below. See UCM General Education Requirements at the bottom of this guide.
AS General Education Requirements: 48 Semester Hours
The below courses will be taken as part of the AS and fulfill UCM general education requirements (listed in parentheses).
- ENG 110 Writing I (3) transfers as ENGL 1020 - Composition I GE (3) (Foundational Skills: Writing I)
- ENG 221 Writing II: Writing for the Professions (3) transfers as CTE 3060 - Technical Writing GE (3) (Foundational Skills: Writing II, major requirement)
- COM 115 Fundamentals of Public Speaking (3) transfers as COMM 1000 - Public Speaking GE (3) (Foundational Skills: Communication, major requirement)
- MTH 261 Analytic Geometry & Calculus I (5) transfers as MATH 1151 - Calculus I GE (5) (Knowledge Area II) *can substitute for major required MATH 1131
- The combination of CHM 160/161 General Chemistry I with Lab (5) transfers as CHEM 1131 - General Chemistry I GE (5: 5 lecture, 0 lab) (Knowledge Area II) *can substitute for major required CHEM 1103
- PHY 203 Foundations of Physics I (5) transfers as PHYS 2121 - University Physics I GE (5: 5 lecture, 0 lab) (Knowledge Area II) *can substitute for major required PHYS 1101
- ECO 155 Principles of Macroeconomics (3) transfers as ECON 1010 - Principles of Macroeconomics GE (3) (Knowledge Area III, major requirement)
- PLS 101 American Democracy and Citizenship (3) transfers as POLS 1510 - American Government GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- HST 121 Survey of US History to 1877 (3) transfers as HIST 1350 - History of the United States to 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- HST 122 US History Since 1877 (3) transfers as HIST 1351 - History of the United States from 1877 GE (3) (Knowledge Area III)
- Additional General Education (3) - Humanities and Fine Arts: Choose from - ART 200, ENG 236, MUS 241, PHI 110, SPN 101, SPN 102, or THE 101 (Knowledge Area I) OR MUS 239 or PHI 115 (Engagement)
AS Program Requirements: 12 Semester Hours
See MSU-WP catalog for complete list of course options.
Minimum Total Hours Required for MSU-WP AS: 60 Semester Hours
UCM BS Engineering Technology: Management Option
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Science degree. Any courses listed above not taken at MSU-WP must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 61 Semester Hours
Core Required Hours: 19 Semester Hours
Option 5 - Management: 42 Semester Hours
20 required departmentally approved electives will be fulfilled through MSU-WP coursework. The following remaining courses are required at UCM.
General Education Requirements: 12 Semester Hours
The following General Education requirements will need to be completed at UCM. Hours vary depending on the additional general education course chosen at MSU-WP.
- Knowledge Area I (6-9 Hours)
- Knowledge Area III (3 Hours)
- Engagement (0-3 Hours)
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2021 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and MSU-WP Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.