May 14, 2021
Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Physical Education and completion of Option 2 or 3 will:
- Demonstrate and integrate knowledge of the major concepts, empirical findings and current trends in the area of exercise science.
- Recognize and demonstrate critical thinking, including the scientific method to address problems related to the professions of physical activity, health promotion and health-care.
- Appropriately apply knowledge and skills acquired in the exercise science curriculum to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Identify and apply appropriate exercise science language through effective speaking, reading, and writing.
- Recognize and apply empirical evidence while behaving legally and ethically in research, clinic, professional and applied settings.
- Recognize individual differences, respecting the role these differences play in intercultural and international diversity. Describe the interaction of these factors in the field of exercise and health-care.
- Review authentic occupational, career, and advanced educational opportunities appropriate to the discipline and develop a feasible plan to pursue those opportunities.
Physical Education, BS (43-817) - Fitness/Wellness I (Corporate Fitness) Option (PE02) (4 Year Guide)
Major Requirements: 65-84 Semester Hours
Major Core Requirements: 26 Semester Hours
* Must have C or better for these courses.
# Professional education course.
Fitness/Wellness I (Corporate Fitness) Option: 51 Semester Hours
Must have C or better for these courses.
General Education Requirements: 26-33 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. The following general education classes are required by this major.
Must have C or better for these courses:
Required General Education Core
Additional required general education courses for Fitness/Wellness I (Corporate Fitness) Option: 27 Semester Hours
Free Electives: 16 Semester Hours
Minimum Total: 120-129 Semester Hours
10 Competency 10 course