Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
Program Educational Objectives - Within a few years of graduation, a graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate the ability to create solutions to computing problems in industry, government or academia appropriate to their levels of professional experience.
- Be capable of gauging the impact of computing on society, and possess knowledge of the ethical, social and professional responsibilities of their work.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to contribute to the benefit of teams.
- Continue to update their professional knowledge and skills to adapt to innovation and change, and be successful in their professional work and/or graduate studies.
Additional, graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science will demonstrate the following specific student outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
The B.S. in Computer Science - Computer Science Option is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. http://www.abet.org
Computer Science, BS (43-281) - Computer Networking Option (CS08) (4 Year Guide)