Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core knowledge concerning the major concepts in the basic areas of the discipline (analytical, biological, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry).
- Solve problems by identifying the essential parts of a problem, developing a strategy for solving the problem, and applying appropriate methodology to arrive at a solution.
- Use computers in data acquisition and processing and use software as a tool in data analysis.
- Utilize modern search tools to locate and retrieve scientific information about a chemical, chemical technique, or topic relating to chemistry.
- Understand the objective, correctly conduct, and appropriately record and interpret the results of chemical experiments.
- Use standard laboratory equipment, modern instrumentation, and standard techniques to carry out experiments.
- Follow the proper procedures and regulations for safe handling and use of chemicals.
- Effectively communicate chemical concepts and experimental results through writing and oral communication skills.
- Successfully pursue their career objectives in advanced education in professional and/or graduate schools, in a scientific career in government or industry, in a teaching career in the school systems, or in a related career following graduation.
Chemistry (43-393) - Chemistry Option, BS (4 Year Guide)
Chemistry (43-393) - Chemistry: ACS Certified Option, BS (4 Year Guide) Begin Even Numbered Year
Chemistry (43-393) - Chemistry: ACS Certified Option, BS (4 Year Guide) Begin Odd Numbered Year
Chemistry (43-393) - Biochemistry Option, BS (4 Year Guide) Begin Even Numbered Year
Chemistry (43-393) - Biochemistry Option, BS (4 Year Guide) Begin Odd Numbered Year