Jul 30, 2021
Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Automotive Technology Management will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Research, prepare and present both oral and written reports on technical or management subjects related to his/her area of specialization.
- Identify, analyze and solve technical or management problems related to his/her field of specialization.
- Function effectively as a participating member of a work group to accomplish a particular goal.
- Demonstrate desirable work habits and professional and conscientious attitudes in his/her particular areas of instruction through participation in professional activities and organizations, and leadership activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Demonstrate a mastery of skill beyond the entry level related to one or more areas of technical, management or marketing specialties in the major area of study.
- Demonstrate technical and general knowledge required in occupational work areas related to the major field of study.
Automotive Technology Management, BS (43-838) (Area 1: Automotive Tech.) (4 Year Guide)
Automotive Technology Management, BS (43-838) (Area 2: Design Technology) (4 Year Guide)
Automotive Technology Management, BS (43-838) (Area 3: Service Mgmt.) (4 Year Guide)
Major Requirements: 77-81 Semester Hours
Students must receive a grade of C or better in all required courses with the ATM prefix in order for the course to count toward the major
Technical Courses: 53 Semester Hours
- ATM 1010 - Contemporary Power Systems (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab)
- ATM 2110 - Engine Theory and Maintenance (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab)
- ATM 2124 - Automotive Braking Systems (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab)
- ATM 2130 - Automotive Electrical Systems (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab)
- ATM 2132 - Engine Performance I (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab)
- ATM 3120 - Steering and Suspension Systems (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab)
- ATM 3130 - Engine Performance II (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab)
- ATM 3134 - Advanced Powerplant Systems (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab)
- ATM 3150 - Diesel Technology (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab)
- ATM 4032 - Hydraulics and Pneumatics (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab)
- ATM 4112 - ATM Capstone Experience (3) 10
- ATM 4130 - ATM Comprehensive Vehicle Diagnostics (4: 1 lecture, 3 lab)
- ATM 4134 - Advanced Vehicle Systems (2)
- ET 1010 - Applied Electricity (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab)
- ACST 1300 - Basic Statistics GE (3)
- MATH 1131 - Applied Calculus GE (3)
Management Courses: 24-28 Semester Hours
See the department for the possibility of a minor.
Electives from One of the Three Areas Listed: 9-13 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Automotive Technology
Area 2 - Design Technology
Electives from the Following: 3-4 Semester Hours
Area 3 - Service Management
Choose 9 hours from the following courses:
General Education Requirements: 43 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. The following general education classes are required by this major:
Minimum Total: 120-124 Semester Hours
10 Competency 10 course