Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
This traditional program, or “2+2” program designed to build upon an Associate Degree, may complete Missouri DESE Career and Technical Education (CTE) certification requirements for alternatively certified CTE teachers, particularly Skilled Technical Sciences and Health Sciences Instructors. UCM does not confer teacher certification for this major.
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Occupational Education will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Meet the Missouri Standards for the Preparation of Educators (MoSPE) at the introductory level or above.
- Develop a thorough understanding of instructional materials and their development.
- Produce and implement authentic student assessments.
- Disaggregate assessment data for improved student learning and performance in the 3 primary domains of learning; cognitive, psychomotor, and affective.
- Learn methods and techniques for teaching CTE students, including exceptional children.
- Become effective CTE classroom and laboratory managers.
- Assist CTE students prepare for college and/or career readiness.
Occupational Education, BS (43-249) (4 Year Guide)