Major, Bachelor of Social Work Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Social Work degree will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct one’s self accordingly.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Engage diversity and differences in practice.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Respond to contexts that shape practice.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Social Work Policies
Social Work, BSW (48-847) (4 Year Guide)