Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport Management will:
- Illustrate the basic concepts of the major sub-disciplines of sport management from social, psychological, and international perspectives.
- Explain the dynamics of sport, recreational sport, non-sport recreation, and leisure in society.
- Develop and evaluate a management plan in sport event and facility management.
- Evaluate effective management and leadership principles, ethics, and their respective applications to various sport organizations.
- Create strategic sport marketing and communication plans and applications.
- Analyze market structure in sport to include distinctions between market types.
- Explain relevant legal terminology and evaluate legal case studies in sport law.
- Demonstrate competence in writing, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Sport Management, BS (43-612) (4 Year Guide)