Oct 02, 2022
Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
Online BS degree completion program specifically designed for transfer students. Designed to assist individuals with associates degrees earn a BS degree in a highly competitive career field. Designed to maximize use of credit hours earned in an associate’s degree to accelerate time to graduation and reduce cost.
A graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Safety & Risk Management will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline.
- Formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs.
- Develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
NOTE: Students may not earn a double degree in Environmental, Safety & Risk Management in conjunction with any other undergraduate safety degree program within Safety Sciences.
Core Requirements: 39 Semester Hours
Approved Electives: 30-39 Semester Hours
- SAFE 3005 - Introduction to Environmental, Health, and Safety (3) SAFE 3005 is a required course for all non-safety associate’s degrees.
- Additional approved science, math, SAFE coursework (0-15)
- Approved transfer courses from AA or AAS degree
-Up to 21 hours of courses unrelated to EHS, the equivalent of a minor (0-21)
-Up to 30 hours of approved EHS and EHS related courses (0-30)
- Approved OSHA training electives. Up to 9 hours in this category, other requirements apply (0-9)
- Approved Work Experience/certification. Up to 15 hours in this category demonstrated by the following BCSP certifications (0-15):
-ASP eligibility (3)
-ASP in good standing (9)
-OSHT or CHST in good standing (only 1) (6)
-CSP in good standing (15)
General Education Requirements: 42 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. Students are required to earn a C or better in all of the required general education courses. The following general education classes are required by this major:
Free Electives: 0-9 Semester Hours
Minimum Total: 120 Semester Hours