Aug 24, 2019
Major, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree
The graduate with a B.S.B.A degree in International Business will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Master all core business knowledge, skills and aptitudes required in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program.
- Recognize the impact the global environment has on specific business disciplines.
- Demonstrate competency in one non-native language.
- Apply language and business skills in a non-native setting.
- Understand differences in business and economic policies and systems in a foreign country.
International Business, BSBA (46-598) (4 Year Guide)
Major Requirements: 72 Semester Hours
Major Core Requirements: 54 Semester Hours
Electives from the Following: 6 Semester Hours
Modern Language Requirement: 12 Semester Hours
All international business majors must demonstrate proficiency in a modern language other than their native language. This requirement can be satisfied by:
- Completing 12 credit hours of one modern language.
- Testing and receiving a ranking of “intermediate” in both the oral and written portions of the ACTFL test in a modern language. Three of these hours can be used to satisfy General Education requirements: Additional Courses for Knowledge Area I - 3 hours.
International Experience Requirement
Complete a minimum of 6 credit hours through one or more of the following options (need to be approved by the School of Business Administration: Division of Business Analytics chair):
- Study Abroad Program
- International Study Tour
- International Internship
If the student has school chair approval prior to the International Experience, these courses may be used to fulfill Major, Modern Language, or Electives requirements. A minimum of 120 credit hours are required to receive the BSBA degree in International Business.
General Education Requirements: 34-40 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 43 credit hours in general education. Some majors require additional hours due to required coursework. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. The following general education classes are required by this major:
Free Electives: 8-14 Semester Hours
Minimal Total: 120 Semester Hours
10Competency 10 course
*Students expecting to receive the B.S.B.A. degree must meet all preadmission requirements to be admitted to this program. See the Statement of Policy on Admission to a B.S.B.A. degree program. Pre-admission courses include: ACCT 1101 , ACCT 2102 , BLAW 2720 , CIS 1600 , ECON 1010 , ECON 1011 , FIN 2801 , and MATH 1111 .