Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Physical Education and completion Sports and Recreation Education Option will:
- Demonstrate and integrate knowledge of the major concepts, empirical findings and current trends in the area of Adapted Sports and Adapted Physical Education.
- Recognize and demonstrate best practices in the area of special population to address problems related to the professions of adapted sports, health promotion and health-care.
- Appropriately apply knowledge and skills acquired in the Adapted Sport Education curriculum to personal, social, and organizational issues.
- Identify and apply appropriate Adapted Sport language through effective speaking, reading, and writing.
- Recognize and apply empirical evidence while behaving legally and ethically in research, clinic, professional and applied settings.
- Recognize individual differences, respecting the role these differences play in intercultural and international diversity. Describe the interaction of these factors in the field of Adapted Sport.
- Review authentic occupational, career, and advanced educational opportunities appropriate to the discipline and develop a feasible plan to pursue those opportunities.
Physical Education, BS (43-670) - Sports & Recreation Education Option (PE08) (4 Year Guide)