Return to: Programs by College/School
Major, Bachelor of Science Degree
The graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Networking Technology will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Analyze a problem to identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet defined needs.
- Implement the design of a computer-based system, process, component, or program.
- Evaluate the quality of a computer-based system, process, component, or program.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team to develop and deliver networking solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities.
- Apply mathematical and computing concepts to support programming logic, functions, data structures, and database access.
- Communicate effectively, in oral and written form, with stakeholders.
- Analyze the impact of networking solutions on individuals, organizations, and global society.
- Engage in continuing professional development based on recognition of its need and value.
- Apply current techniques and tools in the development, deployment, and evaluation of IT solutions.
- Apply current technical concepts and practices in the core networking technologies.
- Incorporate user needs in the selection, creation, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems.
- Integrate technologies, products, and services from multiple sources into a user environment.
- Apply “best practice” and standards in networking development, deployment, and evaluation processes.
- Formulate a project plan based on appropriate systems development methods and project management practice.
Program Educational Objectives:
- Develop networking solutions to meet the needs of employers and communities in a global society.
- Collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders to meet user needs.
- Be employed in progressively more responsible positions in the networking field.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior as networking professionals.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the impact of technology on the individual, the organization, and society as a networking professional.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and business practices as it relates to networking.
Networking Technology, BS (43-893) (4 Year Guide)