May 14, 2021
Major, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree
The graduate with a B.S.B.A. degree with a major in Events Marketing and Management will use the knowledge and skills obtained in the program to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of customer service in a client or service environment
- Develop strategies for implementation of events
- Plan and execute events while effectively managing budgets
- Effectively assess events after their completion and create improvement plans
BSBA in Events Marketing and Management majors are not eligible for the Events and Services Certificate from UCM.
Events Marketing and Management, BSBA (46-669) (4 Year Guide)
Major Requirements: 66 Semester Hours
Additional Required Courses in the Major: 18 Semester Hours
Choose from the following: 12 Semester Hours
General Education Requirements: 43 Semester Hours
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credits hours in general education. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements. Some General Education courses included in the major are used to satisfy General Education requirements, but additional courses within the same General Education categories are not. The following General Education classes are required in this program:
Free Electives: 11 Semester Hours
Minimum Total: 120 Semester Hours
10 Competency 10 course
*Students expecting to receive the B.S.B.A. degree must meet all preadmission requirements to be admitted to this program. See the Statement of Policy on Admission to a B.S.B.A. degree program. Pre-admission courses include: ACCT 1101 , ACCT 2102 , BLAW 2720 , CIS 1600 , ECON 1010 , ECON 1011 , FIN 2801 , and MATH 1111 .
**Students must enroll in IBE Practicum (MGT 3385 or MKT 3485 ) concurrently with the IBE sections of MGT 3315 , MKT 3405 and FIN 3850 .
# This course has a prerequisite not listed in the program which is SERVSAFE Certification; click on the course number for additional requirements.
## BSBA in Events Marketing and Management may not choose both MKT 4450 and PR 3640 .
***The internship is a requirement of this degree program. Students in the major must have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.50 or above (4.00 scale) before they can attempt the internship requirement. Students must also complete the following BEFORE they can enroll and participate in the 3 credit Internship (HM 3880 or MGT 3335 or MKT 3435 ).
- 21 UCM credit hours completed (minimum).
- 60 credit hours of university credit (minimum) - a requirement of UCM HCBPS Internship Office.
- 2.50 (or above) overall GPA - a requirement of UCM HCBPS Internship Office .
- Complete pre-internship paperwork and processes with HCBPS Internship Office