Jan 29, 2023
State Fair Community College
The below courses are required for Design and Drafting Technology majors and can be fulfilled at SFCC as part of the AA requirements. The full list of SFCC AA requirements can be found in the SFCC catalog.
AA General Education Requirements: 42 Semester Hours
The below courses can be taken as part of the general education program at SFCC. If these courses are not taken at SFCC, they must be completed at UCM.
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. Some majors require additional hours due to required coursework. See The General Education Program Requirements for full listing of requirements at UCM.
AA Elective Options: 22 Semester Hours
The below courses are required for Design and Drafting Technology majors and may be taken as part of the 22 required elective hours for the AA degree at SFCC. If these courses are not taken at SFCC, they must be completed at UCM.
Minimum Total Hours Required for SFCC AA: 64 Semester Hours
UCM BS Design and Drafting Technology
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate of Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at SFCC must be completed as part of the BS Design and Drafting Technology requirements.
Core Major Requirements: 45-48 Semester Hours
- CADD 1100 - Orientation to Design/Drafting (1)
- CADD 2100 - Sophomore Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 2140 - Advanced Parametric Modeling (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2150 - Descriptive Geometry for Engineering Technology (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2160 - Structural Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2180 - Technical Illustration (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 2171 - Introduction to MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3100 - Junior Design/Drafting Seminar (0.5)
- CADD 3120 - Machine Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3150 - Civil Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3160 - Residential Architectural Drawing (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3170 - Computer Drafting Systems (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 3175 - Advanced MicroStation (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CADD 4100 - Senior Design/Drafting Seminar (1)
- CADD 4180 - Industrial Design (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab)
- CTE 1300 - Introduction to Engineering Design (3) (only required if CADD 1110 not taken)
- CMGT 2020 - Statics (3)
- CMGT 3010 - Applied Construction Practices GE (3: 2 lecture; 1 lab)
- SOT 4570 - Computer Graphics (3)
Electives from the following: 6 Semester Hours
Choose from One of the Five Areas Listed: 12-15 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Mechanical (Product/Machine) Design
Area 2 - Architectural/Structural
Area 3 - MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) & Industrial Piping Systems
Area 5 - Computer Graphics
General Education Requirements: 6 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required by this major:
Upper-Level (3000/4000) Electives
Upper-level (3000/4000) elective hours may vary depending on transfer coursework and course selection at UCM. Students must take at least 30 upper-level hours to graduate. Courses taken at SFCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120 Semester Hours
This guide is based on the UCM 2019 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and SFCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.