Feb 01, 2023
Metropolitan Community College
The below courses are required for BS Automotive Technology Management majors and can be fulfilled at MCC as part of the AA degree requirements. The full list of MCC AA degree requirements can be found in the MCC catalog.
AA General Education Requirements: 42 Semester Hours
The below courses can be taken as part of the general education program at MCC. If these courses are not taken at MCC, they must be completed at UCM.
All students must complete a minimum of 42 credit hours in general education. Some majors require additional hours due to required coursework. See The General Education Program Requirements page for full listing of requirements at UCM.
AA Elective Options: 14 Semester Hours
The below courses are required for BS Automotive Technology Management majors and may be taken as part of the 14 required elective hours for the AA degree at MCC. If these courses are not taken at MCC, they must be completed at UCM.
- ENGL 215 Technical Writing transfers as CTE 3060 - Technical Writing GE (3) (required General Education course)
- HUMN 165 American Humanities: Diversity in the American Experience transfers as ECEL 2110 - Diversity and Social Justice GE (3) (required General Education course)
- AUTO 150 Automotive Engine Repair transfers as ATM 2110 - Engine Theory and Maintenance (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab) (required for all Areas)* AND ATM 3110 - Automotive Engine Overhaul (4: 1 lecture, 3 lab) (required for Area 1)*
- Auto 276 Automotive Engine Performance transfers as ATM 2130 - Automotive Electrical Systems (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab) (required for all Areas)* AND ATM 2132 - Engine Performance I (4: 2 lecture, 2 lab) (required for all Areas)*
- BSAD 254 Business Law I OR BSAD 270 Legal Environment of Business transfers as BLAW 2720 - Legal Environment of Business (3) (required for all Areas)
- AUTO 166 Automotive Electrical Systems transfers as ET 1010 - Applied Electricity (4: 3 lecture, 1 lab) (required for all Areas)
- AUTO 174 Manual Drivetrain & Axles transfers as ATM 2140 - Manual Drivelines (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab) (required for Area 1)*
- AUTO 264 Automotive Air Conditioning transfers as ATM 2150 - Mobile Heating, Ventilating, Air-Conditioning (Mobile HVAC) (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab) (required for Area 1)*
- AUTO 272 Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles transfers as ATM 4110 - Automatic Transmissions (3: 2 lecture, 1 lab) (required for Area 1)*
- ETEC 152 Engineering Graphics and CADD I transfers as CADD 1110 - Fundamentals of Drafting (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab) (required for Area 2)
- ETEC 273 Advanced Parametric Modeling, and Prototyping Solidworks transfers as CADD 2140 - Advanced Parametric Modeling (3: 3 lecture, 0 lab) (may fulfill Area 2 elective)
- ETEC 200 Applied Statics & Mechanics transfers as CMGT 2020 - Statics (3) (may fulfill Area 2 elective)
- MATH 115 Statistics transfers as ACST 1300 - Basic Statistics GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- MATH 175 Calculus for Busines and Social Science transfers as MATH 1131 - Applied Calculus GE (3) (required for all Areas)
- BSAD 100 Introduction to Accounting transfers as ACCT 2100 - Survey of Accounting (3) (required for all Areas)
- BSAD 101 Accounting Principles I AND BSAD 102 Accounting Principles II transfer as ACCT 1101 - Foundations of Financial Reporting (3) (required for all Areas)
AA General Degree Requirements: 4 Semester Hours
See MCC catalog for enrollment options.
Minimum Total Hours Required for MCC AA: 60 Hours
UCM BS Automotive Technology Management
The below list of courses represents the requirements a student will have left to complete after transferring to UCM with an Associate in Arts degree. Any courses listed above not taken at MCC must be completed as part of BS requirements.
Major Requirements: 43-52 Semester Hours
Students must receive a grade of C or better in all required courses with the ATM prefix in order for the course to count toward the major.
Technical Courses: 34 Semester Hours
Management Courses: 9 Semester Hours
Electives from One of the Three Areas Listed: 0-9 Semester Hours
Area 1 - Automotive Technology
All Area 1 courses can be completed at Metropolitan Community College. If not taken at MCC, they must be completed at UCM
Area 2 - Design Technology
Electives from the Following:
Area 2 electives may be fulfilled at MCC with completion of CADD 2140 or CMGT 2020. The following courses are additional elective options.
Area 3 - Service Management
Choose 9 hours from the following courses:
General Education Requirements: 3 Semester Hours
The following general education classes are required by this major:
Upper-Level (3000/4000) Electives
Upper-level (3000/4000) elective hours may vary depending on transfer coursework and course selection at UCM. Students must take at least 30 upper-level hours to graduate. Courses taken at MCC that articulate to upper-level UCM courses do not count towards upper-level hours.
Minimum Total Hours Required for BS: 120-124 Semester Hours
*Students must receive a grade of C or better in all required courses with the ATM prefix in order for the course to count toward the major.
This guide is based on the UCM 2019 Undergraduate Catalog and is subject to change. This guide is a recommendation only and your actual program may vary. Time to degree completion and course sequencing will depend on any credits transferred to UCM and on planned placement in math, reading, and writing. See the current UCM Undergraduate Catalog and MCC Course Catalog for a complete listing of academic policies, curriculum, prerequisites, and course descriptions.